Why I Started Reading Tarot

As of now, I only read Tarot cards for myself.  I started pulling daily cards with, an occasional larger spread, in the beginning of April 2017.  If I'm being honest, the number 1 reason that I was drawn to Tarot was because I lost passion in other parts of my life.  I had a personal blog that I no longer connected with, I felt like I was less than the people on my social media feeds, and I had no idea what I believed in.


The second biggest reason was that I was looking to develop my personal, spiritual beliefs.  Spiritual in this sense means my metaphysical understanding of life and the world we live in.  Tarot, in particular, enticed me because it is all about intuition, interpretation, and symbolism.  When you pull a card or lie out a spread, you are the individual who needs to figure out what it means for you.  You may be following suggestions from your little white book, but you're also putting your own understanding and experience in your interpretation.


Tarot naturally fit into what I already practice and believe.  Keep in mind that almost all of these practices, like using healing crystals and following the lunar phases, are new, but they all seem to fit together like a puzzle in my life.  My top belief, the one that I have carried throughout life, is that everything in life is connected.  The symbols of traditional Tarot decks borrow imagery from the archetypes we find in the collective consciousness of humanity, which is one of the many ways that people are all connected to each other, other beings, and our surroundings.


Has anything changed in the past month?  Yes, quite a bit has.  I created a new Instagram account and a new blog, both dedicated to my spiritual journey.  Through these accounts, especially my Instagram account, I've connected to several amazing people and I've felt so inspired by the community of spiritualists that I've found through hashtags like #witchyvibes or #taroteverydamnday.  I've learned more about moon phases, the Wheel of the Year, and rituals.  I've slept better, I've had more energy, and I've felt more productive.  I've felt more at peace with myself, yet more determined and motivated.  I've felt more positive and less self-conscious.  There are still plenty of things that I am struggling with, but I feel that I am constantly growing and that's a pretty good start.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.