Compendium of Constellations Oracle Deck Review


Deck Creator: Claire of Black and the Moon
Website and Instagramwww.blackandthemoon.com@blackandthemoon
My favorite uses for this deck are: setting intentions, manifestation, shadow work, and introspection.
My favorite cards in this deck are: Tucana - Manifest, Lyra - Attraction, Cygnus - Love, Crater - Abundance, Chamaeleon - Adapt, and Piscis Austrinus - Intuition.
The most challenging cards in this deck are: Canis Major - Dominance, Cassiopeia - Vanity, Hydra - Death, Sextans - Plot, and Orion - Narcissism.  The keywords on this deck are some that I know I will struggle with and would make great shadow work topics!

Let's get the logistics out of the way.  This is a 90 card oracle deck featuring 88 constellations, including the traditional zodiac signs, and two star clusters.  Which makes it an amazing value because I've found that other decks have maybe half the cards for the same price.  It does not have a guidebook at all.  Not a physical or digital version.  Each card has only one keyword on it, right under the constellation's name.  This can feel a little intimidating for people who don't do intuitive readings, but you can make your own actions and keywords for each card.


I don't love the box that it comes in because I think that the two-piece boxes are sturdier than the tuck-boxes, but that's not a huge issue.  If you want, you can always put your cards in a custom bag or box.  I keep my decks in their original boxes and this one will also stay in its original box.  Another detail that people may not like is the size.  They are smaller than what I consider to be typical of oracle and tarot decks.  I personally love the size, but I've heard that others prefer the classic size.  Below is a photo comparing the size of The Wild Unknown Tarot Deck Second Edition and the Compendium of Constellations.


The artwork on these cards is phenomenal and mystical.  I could flip through each card and stare at the images over and over.  I would never get tired of it, even though there are so many cards.  And of course, no two cards are the same.  Obviously, they're different constellations, but even the backgrounds and the colors are unique for each card.  Claire put so much energy, time, and magick into these cards and you can absolutely experience that magickal energy in every detail of the cards.  Some of my favorite cards are the ones that are lighter and multicolored, but the monochromatic and the darker colors are just as gorgeous.


P.S. Keep an eye out for my series of personal interpretations for each card!

1 comment

Powered by Blogger.